Endlich etwas Zahlenmaterial: Saba, der Lernplattformanbieter, und Human Capital Media (HCM) haben 504 Unternehmen über Branchen- und Ländergrenzen hinweg gefragt, welchen Stellenwert “social learning” für sie hat, welche Methoden und Tools sie einsetzen und welchen Herausforderungen sie dabei begegnen. Die “Key Findings” der Studie:
- “Learning is a driver: 65.7 percent of organizations are using social technologies for learning to some extent.
- Social learning supports the learning culture: 63.9 percent of organizations are motivated to use social learning to support a culture of learning.
- Discussion and communication reign supreme: 59.5 percent of organizations are using discussion forums, 57.9 percent are using internal blogs, and 54.9 percent are using secure instant messaging to help employees communicate about products, answer questions and address learning at point of need.
- Focus on communities of practice: Currently 53.3 percent of organizations are using social learning to support communities of practice, with 35.7 percent of organizations planning to develop communities of practice via social learning during the next two years.
- Adoption is a struggle for many organizations: Half of the organizations responding cite challenges with adoption and uptake by employees.”