Das DaVinci Institute, ein „nonprofit futurist think tank“, hat zehn Trends aufgelistet, die die zukünftige Entwicklung von Bibliotheken bestimmen:
„- Communication systems are continually changing the way people access information
– All technology ends. All technologies commonly used today will be replaced by something new.
– We haven’t yet reached the ultimate small particle for storage. But soon.
– Search Technology will become increasingly more complicated
– Time compression is changing the lifestyle of library patrons
– Over time we will be transitioning to a verbal society
– The demand for global information is growing exponentially
– The Stage is being set for a new era of Global Systems
– We are transitioning from a product-based economy to an experience based economy
– Libraries will transition from a center of information to a center of culture.“
Thomas Frey, daVinci Institute, 2005
[Kategorien: Knowledge Management]